Steel construction assembler
Date PostedNovember 19, 2023
Expiration dateDecember 20, 2023
Structural Assembler Job Description
We are in search of a meticulous and skilled Structural Assembler to join our team, responsible for the precise assembly of steel structures based on technical documentation. The ideal candidate will demonstrate proficiency in various tasks, including but not limited to:
- Tool and Material Preparation: Prepare and organize tools and materials required for assembly tasks.
- Steel Structure Assembly: Execute assembly of steel structures according to provided technical documentation, ensuring precision and adherence to specifications.
- Sheet Metal Cutting: Perform sheet metal cuts using an oxygen torch or plasma, following designated routes with precision and accuracy.
- Grinding, Cleaning, and Tack Welding: Prepare elements by grinding and cleaning before and after assembly. Execute tack welds as needed.
- Vertical Transport Oversight: Direct vertical transport activities within the workstation operations.
- Beveling and Pipe/Profile Manipulation: Conduct free-hand beveling of pipes and profiles, adhering to designated routes.
- Measurement and Training: Perform inter-operational measurements and provide guidance to less experienced workers.
- Certifications and Knowledge Base:
- Possess certificates in arc beveled and thermal cutting techniques.
- Hold a certificate in crane/hook-signalman course completion.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technological documentation, especially hull drawings.
- Knowledgeable in metrology, routing techniques, and design standardization documentation.
- Familiar with the formation and prevention of welding deformations.
- Basic proficiency in English.
- Minimum of 1 year of practical experience in assembling steel structure components.
- Proficiency in executing sheet metal cuts with precision using an oxygen torch or plasma.
- Ability to interpret and work from technical documentation, with emphasis on hull drawings.
- Skilled in measurements, welding techniques, and design standardization practices.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to maintaining high-quality standards in assembly tasks.